Trusted Dentists Grand Junction, CO
Grand Junction, Colorado
Do you feel uneasy thinking about going to a dentist for a scheduled cleaning or checkup?
Do you feel nervous seeing a dental chair? Moreover, are you shaking hearing the dental tools? Don’t worry! You are not alone! Many adults still fear the dentist, not only children!
It is unfortunate that because of this fear, many choose to endure the pain of gum disease or tooth decay rather than visiting a dentist in Grand Junction, CO. Many patients think that everything is fine when the pain is gone. However, what they do not realize, or they choose not to think about, is that there could be underlying problems causing the pain that needs addressing.
When fear and anxiety hinder your ability to visit a dentist when necessary, sedation dentistry is the answer. Sedation helps you relax throughout the procedure. While it is sometimes called “sleep dentistry,” it does not mean you are sleeping the entire time. Instead, it makes you feel less aware of what is happening when the procedure is ongoing. In addition, when you are less familiar, you feel more comfortable.
While sedation dentistry sounds wonderful for those with anxiety, sensitive teeth, and terrible gag reflex, here are some things our Grand Junction, CO, dentists would like you to know:
1. Sedation Differs From Anesthesia
2. Sedation Has Different Gravity And Types
Its gravity ranges from minimal, moderate, and deep. Anyone can understand the difference, as the name implies.
- Minimal Sedation: This level takes away your anxiety while you are awake throughout the procedure.
- Moderate Sedation: This level depresses your consciousness but can still respond to external stimuli such as verbal and tactile.
- Deep Sedation: The highest level leads you to a twilight-like state where you are borderline conscious and can respond to repeated stimuli.
In cases where a large amount of work is necessary, dentists in Grand Junction, CO, may require you to be under general anesthesia or the general loss of consciousness.
- Breathing Nitrous Oxide: This level is considered minimal sedation where you breathe the nitrous oxide and oxygen through a mask on your nose.
- Oral Sedation: This ranges from minimal to moderate sedation, depending on your needs. As the name suggests, the doctor prescribes or administers a pill within a certain amount of time before the procedure.
- IV Moderate Sedation: This form is given through intravenous (IV) injection, with a faster response time as it enters directly into the bloodstream.
- Deep Sedation/General Anesthesia: With General Anesthesia, the individual is essentially placed into a deep sleep and given supplemental oxygen during the procedure.
3. Sedation Dentistry Is Safe
4. Sedation Dentistry Can Help You Defeat Phobia
Sedation dentistry can help you feel more comfortable seeing the dentist for subsequent follow-up visits. In addition, the more comfortable you are with the chair, the easier it will be to keep your regular visits.
You are not the only one scared of stepping into a dental clinic. However, if this anxiety prevents you from getting the treatment you need for your overall oral health, sedation dentistry is your best option.
Advanced Dental Group
For All Your Digital Marketing Needs in Colorado
We at Advanced Dental Group are dedicated to connecting everyone to the best and most qualified dentists in their immediate area. We value nothing more than your dental well-being, so we always perform thorough background checks and routine quality control on each of our partnered dentists to ensure that we only promote the finest professionals in the field. For total protection, maintenance, and dental revitalization, contact us today. We don’t only cater to the City of Grand Junction, Colorado, but all cities listed below.
- Dentists Arvada, CO
- Dentists Aspen, CO
- Dentists Aurora, CO
- Dentists Avon, CO
- Dentists Breckenridge, CO
- Dentists Broomfield, CO
- Dentists Castle Rock, CO
- Dentists Centennial, CO
- Dentists Colorado Springs, CO
- Dentists Denver, CO
- Dentists Dillon, CO
- Dentists Durango, CO
- Dentists Edwards, CO
- Dentists Frisco, CO
- Dentists Glenwood Springs, CO
- Dentists Golden, CO
- Dentists Lakewood, CO
- Dentists Pagosa Springs, CO
- Dentists Silverthorne, CO
- Dentists Steamboat Springs, CO
- Dentists Thornton, CO
- Dentists Vail, CO
- Dentists Westminster, CO
Disclaimer: This commercial website is not operated by dentists or by a dentist association and does not include each and every dentist in your geographical area but only those electing to participate.